Victorian Tramway and the... | A708
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Victorian Tramway and the Mountain Railway
Starting from $99 USD / Adult
EDiscover the Isle of Man's one-of-a-kind railways on this journey aboard the Manx Electric Railway and Snaefell Railways. The Isle of Man is known for its unique and historic railways, drawing train enthusiasts from around the world to experience its vintage trains. On this unique adventure, you'll discover the Isle of Man's train heritage and the island's stunning views. Hop aboard the Manx Electric Railway at the Promenade at Douglas Bay for a breathtaking journey through the Isle of Man's lush countryside. At Laxey, you'll disembark from one railway and hop on another. This time, it's the historic Snaefell Mountain Railway, the only electric mountain railway in the British isles. Climb into the mountains, having your camera ready for stunning views of the rugged scenery. When you reach Snaefell Summit, enjoy free time to take in the views.
- Ride the Manx Electric Railway, enjoying spectacular views as you make your way from the Derby Castle to Laxey Station.
- Feel the rumble of the railcars beneath you as you board the 100-year-old Snaefell Mountain Railway.
- Marvel at breathtaking views at the Snaefell Summit.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
- Waterproof jacket
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Loose clothing
- Guests must be able to walk over evening paths and steps with periods of standing.
- On both Snaefell & Manx railways, wheelchair users cannot be accommodated in their chairs. They will be required to use a tram seat. Wheelchairs can be carried along inside the tram.
- Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
- Guests must be able to climb steep and narrow steps to access the tram, and guests must be able to walk and stand for approximately 45 minutes. Guests will encounter uneven paths and steps at Snaefell Summit.
|Location Douglas, Isle Of Man||Douglas, Isle Of Man|
|Tour Code A708||A708|
|Duration3.25 Hours||3.25 Hours|