Voyage of a lifetime sails to 29 countries visiting 61 ports of call
MIAMI, December 1, 2015 – Azamara Club Cruises, the up-market line delivering an unmatched experience at sea and on land, introduces The World Journey, the ultimate 102 day cruise itinerary onboard the Azamara Journey. The 2018 voyage begins in Sydney, Australia on March 7 and ends in London, England on June 17.
Travelers will have the opportunity to embark on an extended voyage of a lifetime sailing to 61 ports in 29 countries over 102 days as well as experience two major international events. Guests onboard The World Journey can take advantage of 18 late night stays and 14 overnights, as well as 8 AzAmazing Evenings events.
Azamara delivers Destination Immersion® experiences like no other cruise line. Its signature programs encourage guests to take in the sights, sounds and flavors of local cultures in every port. Wherever adventure presents itself, Azamara’s Cruise Global, Meet Local, Cruise Global, Nights Local and Cruise Global Eat Local set the brand apart by inspiring guests to think outside the ship offering special access to museums, iconic and exclusive attractions, hidden gems, tours and more. And, private AzAmazing evening events bring guests a unique cultural experience complimentary on all voyages 7 nights or longer.
Azamara spends more time in destinations with late port departures and overnight stays allowing for deeper exploration. Some of The World Journey highlights include:
- Ho Chi Minh City: Tour the city where French colonial architecture mixes with modern and Asian influences, and many fine old houses have become trendy restaurants serving up fine Vietnamese cuisine
- Bangkok: Thai food is a not-to-be-missed delight, with tantalizing, multilayered tastes of sweet, salt, bitter, and spicy as well as the eye-catching Buddhist temples that seem to be around every corner, and life along the canals
- Yangon: A visit to Shwedagon Pagoda will introduce travelers not only to one of Asia’s great religious sites, but to the daily life of the Burmese people, who come often to make their devotions, but also to spend time with friends, or sit in quiet contemplation
- Dubai: Stop by Gold Souq, a must see in Dubai as its the largest gold market in Arabia
- Muscat: Explore the Sulan Qaboos Grand Mosque, the third largest in the world, it features a massive Swarovski crystal chandelier with over 600,000 crystals and a hand-woven prayer rug with more than 1.7 billion knots.
- Barcelona: It’s all about architecture, from the magnificent medieval buildings of the Gothic Quarter to the Modernist movement typified by the work of Antoni Gaudi.
- Lisbon: Check out the Castle of Sao Jorge, this Moorish citadel and castle, was built upon fortifications from the 2nd century BC.
- Amsterdam: While strolling the canal lined streets taste poffertjes, buckwheat donuts with powdered sugar or stroopwafel, a chewy cookie-like sweet. Bitterballen, deep-fried balls of beef with mustard, are unavoidable.
- It wouldn’t be a world journey without making a couple of high profile appearances. This voyage includes the opportunity to attend both Cannes Film Festival and Monaco Grand Prix:
- Cannes Film Festival: After taking in the sites of Rome and Florence, guests will head to Cannes. Film enthusiasts will be able to stroll along Le Promenade de la Croisette (the place to see and been seen in Cannes) or choose to sit back and people watch with a glass of rosé at a chic waterfront café.
- Monaco Grand Prix: Speed seekers will enjoy thrills at every turn while in port for Grand Prix. The race brings luxury yachts, buzzing helicopters and of course the rich and famous to enjoy the race.
Guests who partake in the entire 102-day journey will experience Azamara’s world-class service before they even step onboard. Round trip airfare will be included for all full-cruise guests – business class for suite guests and standard air for all other staterooms, as well as a one night pre-sailing hotel stay. The World Journey kickoff in Sydney will commence with a special celebration, hosted by President and CEO Larry Pimentel, to welcome aboard those embarking on the incredible voyage. The 102-day trip package also includes internet, $1,000 per person shipboard credits, a free bag of laundry every seven days and excess luggage reimbursement up to $500 per person. Full itinerary pricing starts at $27,932 per person for a Club Interior stateroom and ranges up to $73,492 per person for a Club World Owner’s suite.
For guests unable to sail the entire duration onboard the 102-day journey, booking back to back voyages easily allows guests to create their own extended adventure.
For more information, travelers can call their travel professional, dial 1-877-999-9553, or visit https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/2018WorldJourney. Connect with Azamara Club Cruises on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AzamaraClubCruises, on Twitter @AzamaraVoyages or follow President and CEO @LarryPimentel. Travel agent professionals can access more information and make reservations at www.CruisingPower.com.
Azamara Club Cruises is a brand of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE/OSX: RCL), a global cruise vacation company that also owns Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur, and CDF Croisieres de France, as well as TUI Cruises through a 50 percent joint venture. Together, the six brands operate a combined total of 41 ships with four under construction. They operate diverse itineraries around the world that call on approximately 460 destinations on all seven continents.