Norwegian Explorers Tour | OS37
Cultural Expressions#Connect with customs, beliefs, art, and music that define local cultures through authentic, engaging encounters.Print This Page
Norwegian Explorers Tour
Starting from $112.23 EUR / Adult
Embrace Norway’s intrepid spirit on a three-museum excursion that showcases the great explorers and amazing discoveries of this seafaring nation. Begin with a scenic drive through Oslo before venturing out onto the Bygdøy Peninsula, home to the day’s nautical discoveries. First, visit the Viking Ship Museum, home to three enormous vessels unearthed from Viking times. Imagine these mighty ships setting off on great expeditions, and witness ancient Viking artifacts found in burial mounds around Oslofjord. The adventure continues at the Kon-Tiki Museum, dedicated to the more modern voyages of Norwegian legend, Thor Heyerdahl, who sailed from South America to Polynesia in 1947. Last, but certainly not least, visit the Fram Museum to view a polar ship, built in 1892, that carried several Arctic and Antarctic explorations in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Fill your sails with the spirit of discovery on this tribute to Norwegian explorers.
- Witness three ancient vessels at the Viking Ship Museum, as well as artifacts unearthed from royal burial mounds.
- Tour the Kon-Tiki Museum, chronicling the travels of epic Norwegian adventurer, Thor Heyerdahl.
- See a legendary polar expedition ship built in 1892 at fascinating Fram Museum.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
- Umbrella/Rain jacket
What to WearShow
- Close-toed shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Guests must be able to stand during museum visits.
- Guests in wheelchairs may have limited access to some attractions and sites.
- Tour sequence may vary.
|Location Oslo, Norway||Oslo, Norway|
|Tour Code OS37||OS37|
|Duration3.50 Hours||3.50 Hours|