Jewels of the Maltese Capital | VT22
Walking#Follow a local guide on an eye-opening stroll through a historic city, rural community, or traditional village.Print This Page
Jewels of the Maltese Capital
Starting from $99 USD / Adult
Embark on a narrated tour of Valletta, capital of Malta and a city replete with medieval charm and extravagantly grand architecture. No exploration would be complete without a visit to Valletta’s crowning jewel, St. John’s Co-Cathedral. This baroque masterpiece was commissioned in 1572 by Grand Master Jean de la Cassiere for the Knights of St John. In fact, several Knights donated gifts of art to ensure it was adorned with only the finest works. Continue to Casa Rocca Piccola, a historic home offering a unique glimpse into the lives of Maltese nobility over the past 400 years. Enjoy a little free time to explore the area before heading to the imposing Mediterranean Conference Center. Set overlooking the Grand Harbour, it was originally built as a hospital for the Order of St. John of Jerusalem and was considered one of the finest in Europe during the 1600s.
- Experience the baroque grandeur of St. John’s Co-Cathedral, built as the conventual church of the Knights of St. John.
- Behold the fortified majesty of the “Sacra Imfermeria” of the Order of St. John of Jerusalem, now transformed into a renowned conference center.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Conservative attire required
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.15 miles over uneven surfaces with inclines and about 40 steps.
- No exposed shoulders or knees inside cathedral.
- No tank tops or shorts inside cathedral.
- Stiletto heels are not permitted inside St. John’s Cathedral.
- When St John's Cathedral is closed to group visits during spiritual functions an alternative will be suggested.
- Tour sequence may vary.
|Location Valleta, Malta||Valleta, Malta|
|Tour Code VT22||VT22|
|Duration4.00 Hours||4.00 Hours|