Naxxar and Mdina: Palaces, Cathedrals &... | VT21
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Naxxar and Mdina: Palaces, Cathedrals & Gardens
Starting from $99 USD / Adult
Embark on a journey that dazzles with the splendors of Malta, beginning with a visit to Naxxar’s Palazzo Parisio. Words can’t describe the opulence of this residence passed down by the Scicluna family since the end of the 18th century. Tour its lavishly appointed chambers and stroll through gardens where depending on the season, pansies, tulips, roses, irises and white daises might be in lovely bloom. Continue to the town of Mdina, which in its medieval heyday was referred to as the “noble city” due to its many elite families. Inside the walled town, visit St. Paul’s Cathedral, a shining example of 17th century architecture created by legendary Maltese architect, Lorenzo Gafa. Follow the ancient cobblestone streets to the Palazzo Falson, one of the oldest buildings in Mdina, with origins back to the 13th century. Spend a glorious day exploring the riches of Malta on this regal excursion to remember.
- Explore the gardens and lavish apartments of Palazzo Parisio, a unique 18th century palace in the heart of the Mediterranean.
- Visit the walled town of Mdina, where history lives in the architecture found along its narrow avenues.
- Enter St. Paul’s Cathedral, the crown jewel of Mdina, designed by legendary Maltese archi-tect, Lorenzo Gafa.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Conservative attire required
- Guests must be able to walk over flat and cobblestone surfaces with approximately 60 steps.
- No exposed shoulders or knees inside cathedral.
- No tank tops or shorts inside cathedral.
- Stiletto heels are not permitted inside St. Paul’s Cathedral.
- When St Paul's Cathedral is closed to group visits during spiritual functions an alternative will be suggested.
- Palazzo Falson is closed on Mondays.
- Tour sequence may vary.
|Location Valletta, Malta||Valletta, Malta|
|Tour Code VT21||VT21|
|Duration4.00 Hours||4.00 Hours|
|RestrictionsMinimum Age: 5 years of age.||Minimum Age: 5 years of age.|