Shirakami Mountains Walking... | OI25
Nature and Wildlife#Enjoy a close look at indigenous plants and wildlife on an ecological exploration that directly contributes to environmental stewardship.Print This Page
Shirakami Mountains Walking Tour
Starting from $179 USD / Adult
Trek through the virgin beech forest of Shirakami-Sanchi, an UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Shirakami-Sanchi preserve is the largest virgin beech forest in East Asia. Your adventure begins with a visit to the Shirakami-Sanchi Visitor Center where you'll learn about the forest's many wonders. Then, join your nature guide, a Japanese naturalist, for a scenic hike through the lush beech forest. Starting from Aqua Green Village, you'll trek under the shade of ancient beech trees, keeping on the lookout for Japanese serow, Japanese dormouse, and the golden eagles that call the forest home. Enjoy a Japanese-style bento box lunch, before taking a scenic drive back to the ship.
- Hike the virgin beech forest of Shirakami-Sanchi, an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Visit the Shirakami-Sanchi Visitor Center and learn about the natural ecosystem of this beautiful nature preserve.
- Watch for the animals that dwell in the forest, including the Japanese serow, the Japanese dormouse, and the golden eagle.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Wind/ water resistant jacket
- Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Guests who are blind or hard of hearing should be accompanied by an able-bodied guest.
- Advanced notice is required for diabetic guests.
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.3 miles over natural ground and negotiate steep steps.
- Coach cannot accommodate electric scooters. Folding wheelchairs can be accommodated. Guests must be able to negotiate steps to enter and exit the coach.
- Tour is subject to weather conditions.
- Passengers should expect traffic and delays.
|Location Aomori, Japan||Aomori, Japan|
|Tour Code OI25||OI25|
|Duration6.00 Hours||6.00 Hours|
|RestrictionsMinimum Age: 1 year |
Maximum Age: 80 years
|Minimum Age: 1 year |
Maximum Age: 80 years