Ephesus: Back to Roman Times | KD97
AzAmazing Evenings®#Complimentary AzAmazing Evenings® events deliver authentic travel moments that bring you closer to your destination, its culture and its people.Print This Page
AzAmazing Evening - Ephesus: Back to Roman Times
Starting from $0 USD / Adult
Succumb to the exceptional glory of a 12-piece string orchestra at the Odeon in Ephesus. Constructed in the 2nd century by a wealthy Ephesian husband and wife, the venue served as both a home for Roman senate meetings and a concert hall for performances. Semi-circular seating for 1500 surrounds a stage area where columns and a multi-storied building are lost to time. As dusk turns to night, a peaceful mood settles. An orchestra of twelve — including violin, viola, and cello — proffers its haunting sounds into the acoustic shell of this great archeological wonder. Submit to a timeless rhapsody as the ecstatic movements of Bach, Mozart, Brahms and others saturate the night.
- Listen to an orchestra of twelve, including violin, viola and cello, play classical music.
- Experience the Odeon, a 2nd century outdoor concert hall built by a wealthy Ephesian couple.
What to BringShow
- Keycard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Resort casual clothing
- Guests must be able to walk approximately .3 miles over uneven stone surfaces with 5 to 20 steps.
- Event is held in an archaeological site which is very difficult for wheelchairs and scooters.
- Seating is uneven as the theatre is an ancient building.
- Event is held after dinner is served onboard ship. Specific departure time provided onboard ship.
|Location Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey||Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey|
|Tour Code KD97||KD97|
|Duration2.75 Hours||2.75 Hours|