Lerwick Walking Tour & Fort... | WK04
Walking#Follow a local guide on an eye-opening stroll through a historic city, rural community, or traditional village.Print This Page
Lerwick Walking Tour & Fort Charlotte
Starting from €51,98 EUR / Adult
This walking tour will take you around Lerwick, the capital of Shetland, where you’ll get a real, authentic Shetland experience. Your guided tour will commence at Victoria Pier located in the heart of Lerwick, opposite the Market Cross. A leisurely stroll takes you to the award winning, recently restored Tolbooth, headquarters of Lerwick’s RNLI lifeboat station. You’ll then continue past various churches to the steep, narrow, intricate web of lanes to the stunning Town Hall built in 1883. The next stop is Fort Charlotte, today Fort Charlotte is managed by Historic Environment Scotland and is the base for Shetland’s Army Reserves. Get all the ins and outs of this jaw-dropping, awe-inspiring town and get some great photo opportunities of breath taking Lerwick Harbour along the way.
- Visit the Lerwick Town Hall on foot and experience the surrounding areas from a local’s perspective.
- Peruse the Shetland Museum to see history and culture about Shetland and Lerwick.
- Admire Fort Charlotte, named after Queen Charlotte, wife of George III and learn all about its fascinating history.
What to BringShow
- SeaPass card and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Layered clothing
- Guests must be able to walk just over 1 mile (approximately 2100 steps) over paved, occasionally uneven, terrain.
- This tour is not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
- Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
- Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
- Tour order may vary.
|Location Lerwick/Shetland, Scotland||Lerwick/Shetland, Scotland|
|Tour Code WK04||WK04|
|Duration2.00 Hours||2.00 Hours|