Rostock Highlights | WA40
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Starting from €103,53 EUR / Adult
Relax on a 30-minute drive that leads to one of Germany’s most picturesque cities. Rostock is best known for its university, founded in 1419. However, these streets are replete with historic treasures, and the best way to experience them is on foot. Set off on a guided on walk that winds past the university and takes you through the consecrated gardens of the Holy Cross Convent. Continue into the cobbled main square, Neuer Market, to marvel at its magnificent Gothic and Baroque architecture. Make your way to Marienkirche, or St. Mary’s Church, the city’s crown jewel. Go inside this 13th-century masterpiece and marvel at its famed astrological clock, built in 1472. Hear stories of the church’s past, including its somewhat miraculous survival during WWII. Your tour concludes in festive fashion at a local brewery. Learn about German beer-making and sample a few brews, while snacking on a tasty German pretzel.
- Enjoy a narrated stroll through the historic streets of Rostock, a city set along the tranquil Warnow River.
- Enter Mary’s Church, the only main church in Rostock to survive the bombings of WWII
- Visit a local brewery where you’ll sample local beers paired with typical German pretzels.
What To BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
- Local currency
What To WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Guests must walk approximately 1,250 yards over mostly even surfaces with some steps.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Shops are closed on Sundays and bank holidays.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions.
- Public restrooms may require a small charge (approximately 50 cents).
|Location Warnemunde, Germany||Warnemunde, Germany|
|Tour Code WA40||WA40|
|Duration4.00 Hours||4.00 Hours|