Salt Pans, Local Artisans... | VT2G
Local Introductions#Spend time with local families, business owners, artists, aristocrats, and other influencers in their homes and workplaces.Print This Page
Salt Pans, Local Artisans and Traditional Games
Starting from €242,73 EUR / Adult
Embark on a journey that winds through the scenic southeastern region of Malta and provides an inspired look at local artists and traditional life. Begin at the salt flats, where you’ll meet a man who manages his family’s salt pans for an insightful look at this tradition passed down for generations. Afterwards, visit the Limestone Heritage Park and Gardens, which celebrates treasured Maltese limestone and chronicles the island’s 20-million-year history in stunning fashion. Meet a local stone sculptor and watch a demonstration of traditional stone cutting. From here, it’s off the to the village of Rabat to meet Antoine Tan-Newl, heralded as the last remaining traditional weaver on Malta. Learn about this lost island art and marvel at Antoine’s stunning creations before heading to the village of Lija. Here, you’ll stop for a snack and have the chance to try your hand at island’s favorite pastime – Boċċi.
- Learn about the time-honored tradition of harvesting salt from a local who manages his family’s salt pans.
- Visit the Limestone Heritage Park and Gardens, where you’ll meet a local sculptor.
- Meet the last remaining weaver on the island of Malta, local legend, Antoine Tan-Newl.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Guests must be able to walk considerable distances over uneven and rugged surfaces.
|Location Valletta, Malta||Valletta, Malta|
|Tour Code VT2G||VT2G|
|Duration8.00 Hours||8.00 Hours|