Flam Railway and Hiking the... | FM12
Active#Escape your comfort zone and experience a few local thrills – from fast cars to fishing trips.Print This Page
Flam Railway and Hiking the Flam Valley
Starting from $291.27 CAD / Adult
Experience one of the most majestic landscapes in Norway on an excursion that combines a leisurely train ride with a pretty strenuous hike. Your first leg takes place on the legendary Flam Railroad. Relax and take in the scenery as you crisscross through tunnels, over bridges and up steep slopes to reach the Vatnahalsen Station, more than 2,500 feet above sea level. Along the way, you’ll pass the Rjoande Waterfall and wind along the Flam River, fabled for its salmon fishing. Make a photo stop at the roaring Kjosfossen Waterfall before arriving at the Vatnahalsen Mountain Lodge. Fuel up with fresh Norwegian waffles and coffee before following your guide on a downhill hike that provides an intimate look at rugged Norway. Cross the Flam River by way of rustic wooden bridges, and trek through a narrow tunnel before meeting up with train for some well-earned relaxation on the ride home.
- Climb aboard the Flam Railway for a scenic ride that winds you through tunnels and along steep cliffs.
- Stop at the Vatnahalsen Station for a snack at its historic hotel.
- Hike a 7-mile downhill stretch that crosses the Flam River several times before meeting back up with the train.
What To BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
- Local currency
- Water bottle
What To WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Loose, layered clothing
- Guests must walk 6-7 miles mostly downhill, which can be very straining on the knees.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Pregnant women and guests with back, neck and knee issues should not select this tour.
- Guests with heart conditions, asthma and other medical concerns should consult with their personal physician before selecting this tour.
- Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
- Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
- Please be aware there are certain inherent risks involved with hikingRestrictions:
- Guests under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
|Location Flam, Norway||Flam, Norway|
|Tour Code FM12||FM12|
|Duration5.00 Hours||5.00 Hours|