Picton Walking Tour | PI36
Walking#Follow a local guide on an eye-opening stroll through a historic city, rural community, or traditional village.Print This Page
Picton Walking Tour
Starting from $74 USD / Adult
Discover the rugged South Island beauty and remarkable history of Picton as you follow a local guide on a narrated stroll through town. There's no finer way to connect with this seaside charmer than by exploring on foot. Your guide will delve into the deep Maori roots of this territory, once called Waitohi, and discuss European colonialism, which would forever change the landscape. Wind along the picturesque waterfront dotted with cafes, restaurants and galleries, while, in the harbor, hard-working fishing boats bob gently beside luxurious day cruisers and gleaming yachts. Pass over the “coathanger bridge” for sensational panoramas of the Marlborough Sounds, and hear stories chronicling bygone eras, including Picton's rough-and-tumble days as a whaling center. Enjoy an up-close and personal discovery of this New Zealand treasure as you amble along at a nice and comfortable pace.
- Learn about Picton's rich Maori heritage and the appreciation New Zealand's native people have for the environment.
- Follow along the marina to capture photos of the weathered fishing vessels and plush pleasure crafts.
- Listen as your Kiwi guide regales you with tales of Picton's history, including the town's whaling days.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles over unpaved surfaces with inclines.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
|Location Picton, New Zealand||Picton, New Zealand|
|Tour Code PI36||PI36|
|Duration2.00 Hours||2.00 Hours|