A Walk Through Ciutadella | HW19
Walking#Follow a local guide on an eye-opening stroll through a historic city, rural community, or traditional village.Print This Page
A Walk Through Ciutadella
Starting from Kr 646,47 DKK / Adult
Travel across Menorca for an immersive walk through the island’s original capital, the medieval port town of Ciutadella. Originally founded by the Carthaginians, the fortified town was a bustling center of trade during The Middle Ages, and relics of those prosperous years are still found along the narrow streets. You’ll follow a local guide on a leisurely walking tour that zigzags through Ciutadella, stumbling upon secluded alleys and avenues that provide a uniquely local perspective of the town. Stoll into the town’s main square to view its Gothic-style City Hall and 19th-century palaces. The hallmark of Ciutadella is the 14th-century Santa Maria Cathedral, a Roman Catholic wonder that presents a host of majestic photo opportunities. After your walk, stop by a charming tavern for a tasting of typical Menorcan pastries and the chance to see what local life is really like along the medieval streets of Ciutadella.
- Soak up the scenery on a 45-minute drive across the island to the port town of Ciutadella.
- Embark on a narrated walking tour through the narrow lanes of the town’s Old Quarter.
- Marvel palaces and cathedrals that paint a stunning picture of The Middle Ages.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
- Water bottle
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests must be able to handle approximately 1.25 miles over flat and uneven surfaces.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Pregnant women and guest with cardiac or respiratory conditions, or other medical restrictions, should not select this tour.
|Location Mahón, Spain||Mahón, Spain|
|Tour Code HW19||HW19|
|Duration4.00 Hours||4.00 Hours|