Azamara Quest's West Coast Departures Feature Costa Rica, Sea of Cortez, Cabo San Lucas, Coastal California and the Less-Traveled Ports in Nicaragua, El Salvador, and Guatemala
This coming winter, Azamara will break the rules of Winter Cruising by offering five voyages (several with Los Angeles as a turn-port) that trade the usual Caribbean experiences for something New and Different when you depart from the west coast:
Caldera, Costa Rica to Los Angeles, California
Join Azamara Club Cruises® President and CEO Larry Pimentel and his wife Sandi on this President's voyage to the land of volcanoes, Mayan ruins and tropical rainforests:
- Very comprehensive discovery - stepping stones - of Central America including many ports seldom visited by cruise ships such as El Salvador.
- Discover the great diversity that is Central America:
- Temples (Tikal via Puerto Quetzal)
- Rainforests (Costa Rica)
- Volcanoes El Salvador
- Coffee Puerto Chiapas
- Colonial Cities such as fabulous Antigua via Puerto Quetzal and Granada in Nicaragua
- The Lakes region in Nicaragua and Lake Atitlan in Guatemala.
- Fine beaches in Huatulco, Manzanillo, Cabo and Puerto Vallarta.
- Cosmopolitan Cabo (overnight) and Puerto Vallarta.
- Two days at sea at end to relax.
- Lots of flights in and out of San Jose Costa Rica and Los Angeles.
- Opportunity for pre-cruise hotel stay in Caldera, Costa Rica.
- The AzAmazing Evening event, "Fiesta Mexicana," will be held in Puerto Vallarta.
Sea of Cortez & Copper Canyon, Round-trip from Los Angeles
Explore seldom-visited ports in the Sea of Cortez on a convenient roundtrip from Los Angeles:
- From Mazatlan, visit the old towns and churches in the foothills of the rugged Sierra Madre.
- From La Paz head to the water for whale watching, kayaking and snorkeling.
- Topolobampo is your gateway to the Copper Canyon, reached by a famously scenic train ride with gorgeous views at every turn.
- In Guaymas, explore the desert on horseback or visit a local pearl farm.
- You can't help but be charmed by the old colonial town of Loreto, where you can whale-watch on Magdalena Bay one day and visit old missions the next. Then relax on Cabo's beaches and enjoy the nightlife with a late stay, followed by two relaxing days at sea.
- Touring is really the key in these places especially both the whale watching and missions in Loreto.
- The AzAmazing Evening event, "Noche Loretano at the Missionaries Museum," will be held in Loreto, Mexico.
Coastal California & San Francisco, Round-trip from Los Angeles
Raise a toast to the Golden State's great winemakers and innovative cuisine as you sail the scenic coastline from Los Angeles to San Francisco:
- Enjoy five late and overnight stays and three full days in San Francisco, which you'll enter by sailing into San Francisco Bay beneath the Golden Gate Bridge.
- While in San Francisco you'll have the chance to visit the world-renowned wineries of Napa and Sonoma Valleys. Also, there will be options to visit the magnificent Muir Woods.
- Other highlights include Santa Barbara, a beautiful town of elegant estates, fine wineries and plein-air galleries, and Monterey, famous for its wines, old Cannery Row, and more recently for its spectacular Aquarium.
- What a great voyage for wine lovers to celebrate Valentines' Day!
- The AzAmazing Evening event, "An Evening at Inglenook Winery" will be held in San Francisco, California.
Baja California to Costa Rica (Los Angeles to Caldera, Cost Rica)
Enjoy a medley of experiences from white beaches to volcanic landscapes and wildly lush rainforests:
- You'll start with wonderful beach towns, from the white sands and nightlife of Cabo, to the protected bay of Zihuatanejo, to the lush eco-preserve that hugs the beautiful coastlines of Huatulco.
- A restful day at sea brings you to Guatemala, EI Salvador and Nicaragua. Explore colonial Granada and take a boat ride on Lake Nicaragua dotted with volcanic islands.
- In EI Salvador, follow the Route of the Flowers winding through picturesque small towns.
- In Guatemala, don't miss the majestic Mayan ruins of Tikal and Antigua, a stunning colonial town nestled between volcanic peaks.
- A full day and night in Caldera offers easy access to a handful of Costa Rica's stunning parks and rainforests.
- The AzAmazing Evening event, "Flowers of the Desert" at Wirikuta Park will be held in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
Costa Rica, Panama Canal & New Orleans to Miami (Caldera, Costa Rica to Miami, Florida)
From jungles to jazz, this voyage transits the Panama Canal to touch both coasts of Costa Rica before heading to the Creole cuisine and jazz clubs of New Orleans:
- Arrive early in Caldera to explore Costa Rica's national parks and rainforests before embarking.
- You'll have a day to explore and shop in old Panama City before passing through the historic canal that put it on the map.
- On Costa Rica's east coast, don't miss Tortuguero National Park, a rich ecosystem of rivers, lagoons and wildlife including endangered sea turtles.
- Three days at sea will leave you rested and ready for New Orleans, where you'll have nearly two full days to enjoy famous jazz and blues clubs, bars and restaurants.
- Enjoy an afternoon in Key West before arriving in Miami, home to the famous beaches and nightlife of South Beach.
- The AzAmazing Evening event, a Folkloric show, will be at Fuerte Amador (Panama City), Panama.
In fact, these five voyages are included in our "ChoiceAir There & Your Money Back Offer" which requires that you be booked in a Club Veranda Stateroom or higher and that your cruise and flights must be booked by July 31, 2013.
Go to AzamaraClubCruises.com/ChoiceAir, to select and purchase your flights and within two business days, your cruise booking will be reimbursed the amount paid for your airfare, up to $1,000 per person* for voyages that start or end in the U.S.
Don't forget that these voyages are perfect for creating back-to-back Extended Voyages, which feature attractive savings.
Why not start your journey into the New Year with the lasting pleasure from your Azamara vacation experience that will last a lifetime.
Chief Blogging Officer*
Azamara Club Cruises
(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)
Are you excited for your next Azamara voyage?
Enter your email address below for exclusive offers, updates, and news. Don't miss out!