I’ve noticed that ultra-luxury lines such as Seabourn and Silversea along with some premium/deluxe lines such as Holland America and Princess have been promoting their 2012 World Cruises. As a result, I’ve received a few questions asking if Azamara might offer a world cruise in the future. I believe that’s it’s really too soon to consider doing so since we are still in our product introductory phase. Most of you realize that this past April (15 months ago!) we celebrated the first anniversary of the relaunch of Azamara Cruises to Azamara Club Cruises.
If you’re willing to ‘think-out-of-the box’ (sorry for using this overused phrase) we already do offer our own unique and unstructured version of the World Cruise experience through our Azamara Club Cruises’ Extended Voyages program, which provides you the opportunity to seamlessly join two, three, four or more consecutive voyages into one incredible regionally immersive experience. It’s your opportunity to enjoy a collection of what I would call – “World Cruise Samplers” which will give you the flexibility to vacation “as you like it” with respect to “when” and “where.”
Typically, most cruise lines operate World Cruises in the first quarter of the New Year as an alternative to the normal itinerary patterns in the Caribbean, South America and South East Asia. But where is “it written” that to be an authentic “World Cruise” that is must be relegated to the beginning of the year and/or that it must circumnavigate the globe and begin and end in the same port?
With the Azamara Quest or Azamara Journey sailing in the Far East, the Mediterranean and Northern Europe, or South America, travelers can break out of the mold by simply selecting a season before embarking on a voyage of a lifetime, ranging from 11 – to 78-nights without repeated ports of call.
Earlier I mentioned our new “Extended Voyages” 48-page brochure which features a collection of longer voyages called “Grand Adventures from Two Weeks to Nearly Three Months.” They can be ordered online through a link on our website or view it by clicking on the link to 2011-2012 Extended Voyages eBook! In addition, guests booking consecutive voyages will receive $300 per voyage, per stateroom for voyages of eight days or less and $400 savings per voyage, per stateroom for voyages of nine days or more for even greater value on an immersive adventure. Right now there is a special offer: Savings double on voyages sailing Oct. 1 – Dec. 31, 2011, if booking between June 1- July 31.
“World Cruise Sampler” Examples for later in 2011:
- The Azamara Journey’s 45-night voyage departing September 24, 2011 from Nice, France, combines four voyages – French & Italian Riviera, Barcelona & The Amalfi Coast; the Western Mediterranean; Transatlantic Westbound and a Caribbean, Brazil & Amazon River Cruise, disembarking in Manaus, Brazil on November 8, 2011. With the special double savings promotion, if booked by July 31, the total savings for this “World Cruise Sampler” is doubled from $1,600 per stateroom to $3,200!
- The Azamara Quest’s 52-night voyage departing November 27, 2011 Piraeus (Athens), Greece combines four voyages – Acropolis to India; Indian Ocean Passage – Thailand & India; Christmas & New Year in Indonesia; and Vietnam & Thailand, disembarking in Hong Kong, China on January 18, 2012. With the special double savings promotion, if booked by July 31, the total savings for this “World Cruise Sampler” is doubled from $1,600 per stateroom to $3,200!
“World Cruise Sampler” Examples for 2012:
- The Azamara Journey offers a comprehensive 77-night voyage from Stockholm, Sweden, to Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy, departing June 27, 2012, which features 25 overnight stays, with four being two consecutive nights, where guests may experience the nightlife of Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Paris and Seville, Spain. This Extended Voyage features a unique Jazz in the Norwegian Fjords itinerary, which highlights the North Seas Jazz Festival, one of the world’s premiere musical festivals. This voyage also could be turned into a 43-day voyage from Stockholm to Southampton, England.
- For those keen on exploring the Far East, the Azamara Journey’s 72-night voyage departing October 26, 2012 from Piraeus (Athens), Greece to Hong Kong, China combines six voyages – Holy Land, Egypt & Suez Canal; Luxor, Petra, Sinai & Eilat; Luxor Petra & Sinai; The Spice Coast & Ceylon; Burma & Andaman Sea Islands; Vietnam & Thailand, Christmas and New Year – for an in depth exploration of the region, plus an incredible opportunity to spend Christmas and New Year’s Eve in Hong Kong through a Land Discoveries excursion.
- Also in the region, Azamara Quest departs February 29, 2012, on a 78-night voyage, sailing from Singapore to Piraeus (Athens), Greece. This port collector’s dream combines six voyages – Trade Routes to the Orient; Japan & Taiwan; Manila, Sabah, Borneo, Komodo & Bali; Spice Route; Petra, Sinai & Luxor; Holy Land, Egypt & Suez Canal – for an unforgettable experience.
Exercise your right to create your own World Cruise Sampler “as you like it” by considering the extended cruises which feature exceptional savings as you will see.
I would appreciate your comments about using this metaphor of “World Cruise Samplers” as another way to illustrate the “Extended Voyages” concept. Also, is there any interest for Azamara to consider sometime in the future the possibility of offering a World Cruise?
I’m looking forward to your thoughts.
Chief Blogging Officer*
Azamara Club Cruises
(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)